Place funding is allocated to:

  • all types of special schools, apart from independent special schools
  • all types of mainstream school with an SEN unit or RP, and/or a sixth form that has pupils with high needs
  • all types of college that educate students who have high needs

Place funding is allocated as an annual amount of core high needs funding. Once place funding is allocated, it is not associated with or reserved for a specific local authority or individual pupil or student. It is for the school or college to decide how best to apportion their total allocated place funding across the actual number of places commissioned by local authorities, considering the provision and support that may be specified in the individual pupils' or students' EHC plan.

Last Update
2 months ago